Human Resources Manager
Kennedy Capital Management LLC (KCM) is a St. Louis-based, boutique investment firm that has focused on a goal of generating superior returns in the small and mid-cap domestic equity markets for our clients for more than 40 years. We are currently seeking to add a Human Resources Manager to our team. We are an independent investment adviser. Our team’s top priority is working for institutions and high-net-worth individuals, fostering an entrepreneurial culture that results in mutually beneficial long-term relationships.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the management of all Human Resources functions and employee benefit programs. The position oversees all administrative support including assisting with administration of Compliance policies and procedures, as well as contribution to the accounts payable workflows.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to senior management.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to identify staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for interviewing, hiring, and talent management and retention.
- Administers human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Provides support to the Finance Department; assists in accounts payable workflows.
- Reconciles employee’s time off logged in ADP with the shared corporate calendars.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required by managers, executives, etc.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: Undergraduate degree.
- Experience: Five years in human resource management required.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Strong time management skills and able to meet deadlines.
- Project management skills with ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to manage and deliver work independently; strong team player who can work cross-functionally across departments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- This position is based in our offices in St. Louis, Missouri.
- At Kennedy, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards.
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to help the team continue to meet Kennedy’s investment objectives.
- Through investment skill-building, leadership development and working with an experienced investment team, we provide opportunities to help nurture your investment acumen and grow your career in institutional investing.
- Competitive compensation and quarterly bonus.
- Solid benefits package.
- A strong 401(k) plan with generous company match and possible end-of-year discretionary match.
- Optional work-from-home Wednesday.
- Encouragement to maintain a healthy work life balance through flexibility and wellness incentives.
- Multiple team building and volunteer opportunities.
- Commitment to safety as it relates to Covid-19.
Commitment to Diversity:
Kennedy Capital Management is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in our mission, vision and values statements. Our policies are intended to provide further guidance on creating a workplace that values each employee and supports the way we do business.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kennedy Capital Management offers equal employment and advancement opportunities for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital or family status, protected veterans’ status, genetic information or other basis prohibited by law. This policy extends to all employees and applicants and in all aspects of the employment relationship.