Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Kennedy Capital Management (KCM) is committed to the inclusion of all regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, and background. It is our mission to create a safe and open workspace and a financial services community where all feel welcome and heard. We believe a diverse workforce fosters a more creative work environment and fuels innovation. Ultimately, this creates an atmosphere in which our employees can produce their best work and, in turn, can produce the best result for our clients.
- We actively track candidates that interview for full-time employment; our goal is to include at least 50% ethnically diverse and/or female candidates. As of 12/31/23, ten out of fifteen of our past full-time hires have added to our diversity progress.
- We conduct behavioral-based interviewing to minimize unconscious biases.
- Annually, all employees participate in instructor-led training focusing on topics relating to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- We sponsor community involvement opportunities for our employees to participate in local affinity and outreach groups that foster a community of diversity in the St. Louis area. We have most recently been involved in and contributed to the St. Louis Women in Investments Network (STLWIN), STL Youth Jobs, and Mathews-Dickey Boys’ & Girls’ Club of Greater St. Louis.
- We initiated an effort, along with other local St. Louis investment firms, to launch a financial literacy and career opportunity workshop to introduce and expose high school females to careers in Finance.
KCM’s commitment to diversity is led by our Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Task Force whose members come from all levels of the company to ensure our diversity and inclusion efforts are not only practiced in day-to-day aspects of our business, but are shaping the future of the company, our St. Louis region, and the financial services industry as a whole.
For any questions please email DITF@kennedycapital.com